Green Bay Packers fan has worn the same Aaron Rodgers jersey every day for nearly three years
- David Pehl, a sixth-grader from Wisconsin, has worn the same Aaron Rodgers jersey every day for 1,035 days
- He's trying to break the record of most consecutive days to wear a Packers jersey
- In a twist, he is the lone Packers fan in a family of Minnesota Vikings fans, Green Bay's most heated rival
For a lot of football fans, they have a specific shirt they wear on game days - a game-day shirt to show support for their team. But for a Wisconsin 6th grader, his game-day shirt is his EVERY day shirt.
David Pehl, of Holmen, is a die-hard Green Bay Packers fan and his favorite player is quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
So, when David received an Aaron Rodgers jersey for Christmas a few years ago, he started wearing it every day.
That was 1,035 days ago - and he's worn it every day since.
Super fan: David Pehl has worn his Aaron Rodgers jersey every day for the last 1,035 days
Hero: Aaron Rodgers helped the Packers win the 2010 Super Bowl - right around the time David Pehl got his jersey
'Everyone asks, ''Is he still wearing the shirt?'' Yes, he's still wearing the shirt,' his mother, Jessica Pehl, told WKBT.
Now, David is trying to break the record for most consecutive days wearing a Packers jersey.
'I made the mistake of mentioning the boy that had worn the Brett Favre
jersey just over four years and at that point he said, ''Hm, is there a
record?'' and I said, ''I don't know if there's a record for an Aaron
Rodgers jersey,'' so he said, ''Well, I'm going to try and break the
record,'" his father, Dave, says.
The jersey, however, hardly resembles a Packers jersey at this point - it's so badly worn that you can hardly make out the Packers logo, or Rodgers' name or number.
Worn: David's jersey is so worn that you can barely see Rodgers' name on the back
The war at home: David is the lone Packers fan in a family of Vikings fans, Green Bay's biggest rival
But there's a twist: David's entire family are Minnesota Vikings fans, the heated rivals of David's beloved Packers.
'Being a Viking family we tried to convert him, but once we knew he wasn't going to convert we said OK,' his father said.
While the rest of the Pehl's home is dedicated to the Vikings, David's bedroom resembles a shrine to the Packers - it even has a Packers logo painted on the wall that David's father swallowed his pride and painted for his young son.
'I told my friends so they didn't think I turned into a Packer fan that I wore my Viking jersey while I painted (the Packer logo) it on the wall,' Dave Pehl said.
Merry Christmas: David got his jersey as a Christmas gift - nearly three years ago!
As far as basic hygiene goes, the Pehls say they hand-wash David's jersey every other day to keep it from smelling.
David has more than a year to go if he plans to break the record, and he hopes that when he does he'll get to meet his hero Rodgers.
The Pehls, however, have plans of their own - David's younger brother is on a mission of his own: to break the record for most consecutive days wearing a Vikings jersey.
According to the Pehls, David's younger brother has worn his Vikings jersey every day for the last several weeks.
Most watched News videos
- Hillary Clinton tours Jantar Mantar monument on India trip
- Shocking moment Florida bridge collapses on traffic
- Tourists flung off ski lift in terrifying accident in Georgia
- Adorable moment baby hears mum's voice for the first time
- Shocking video shows Danry Vasquez beating his girlfriend
- Stunned commuters spot Sir Paul McCartney in economy carriage
- Shocking moment Egyptian student beaten by ten-strong girl gang
- GRAPHIC CONTENT: Aftermath of bridge collapse at FIU
- Cheeky monkey tries to pull tourist's top down
- Southwest Airlines kicks a man and his toddler off of a flight
- What went wrong? Timelapse shows construction of collapsed bridge
- Man seen shouting at patient's daughter for blocking his car